Literacy Volunteer Program of South Georgia, Inc.
Click here to watch a PowerPoint presentation that provides a brief overview of LVP’s history and relationship with the community: —> PPP.LVP2
- The Literacy Volunteer Program (LVP) of South GA is a 501(c)3 charity, that serves Lowndes County Georgia and the surrounding counties.
- As an affiliate of Pro-Literacy Worldwide, Inc., we are committed to providing service that is confidential and learner focused.
- LVP trains volunteers to provide free, one-on-one tutoring, classroom and/or small group ongoing instruction to adults (16+ years old) with low literacy skills.
- We also offer a number of classes, quarterly to train Basic Literacy tutors who provide the free, one-on-one, ongoing tutoring. Once the volunteers receive Basic Literacy training and they are paired with a learner who closely matches their interests, strengths, and geographical location. The tutor and learner then select a meeting location outside of their homes that is convenient to both.
- Each pair must commit to a minimum tutoring schedule of two hours per week. Learner and tutor pairs are encouraged to use LVP’s lending library to enhance their tutoring sessions. We also have several tutors who offer assistance to learners, who are preparing for the GED exam.
- Again all assistance and support provided is FREE.
If interested in becoming a tutor or you are in need of a tutor,
feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
call the office at 229-333-7515.